Store Code: Regional SC Safety (5116232)
ADUSA Distribution is the distribution company of Ahold Delhaize USA, providing distribution services to one of the largest grocery retail supply chains in the nation. ADUSA Distribution fosters a culture that inspires and empowers our associates to always deliver exceptional service and value. Our team is supporting the supply chain network evolution to an integrated self-distribution model of the future, serving leading omnichannel grocery brands – Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. To learn more about our company and the other supply chain companies of Ahold Delhaize USA, visit www.adusasc.com.
Position Summary -
Lead and manage all occupational safety standards and practices for the assigned campus including the identification, elimination, and control of hazardous conditions. Identify and influence occupational safety education and training needs. Maintain technical and process-related programs and tools to address education and training needs. Effectively integrate occupational safety compliance prevention into day-to-day operations at multiple levels and functional areas within the Company.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities -
Occupational Safety Excellence
- Develop safety policies, programs, and processes aimed at creating a safety culture that engages leaders and associates at all levels.
- Engage with leaders on the floor to promote coaching and mentoring around safe behaviors and safety performance.
- Lead facility safety, ergonomic, and incident review committees to engage with associates in an effort to identify risks and create corrective actions to address.
- Utilize safety and injury data to proactively develop strategies for improvement with special attention to all SIF-related data.
- Teach, Coach, Mentor Leadership on safety fundamentals and focus areas. Effectively communicate & train ADUSA safety updates as well as state & federal safety regulation updates. Facilitate and lead safety development efforts to address safety needs/issues.
- Conduct and ensure incident investigations are completed for all injuries and near misses including tracking corrective actions and reporting out key learnings and actions from injuries.
- Collaborate with and influence leadership to develop initiatives with a focus on safety behaviors, continuous improvement, and injury prevention.
- Serve as member of site leadership team ensuring the value of safety is inserted in all operational decision making.
External engagement -
- Engage and interface with governmental agencies including OSHA and EPA as needed, managing all on-site inspections and follow-up actions.
- Perform safety audits on facilities and assist with outside regulatory visits. Implement corrective actions to resolve deficits identified during audit to comply with safety regulations and communicate needs to management.
- Partner with HR to determine OSHA recordability of injuries and workers compensation cases
- Develop relationships with local safety and emergency professionals to share and create best practices that can be leveraged on site.
- Stay informed on local, state, and federal regulations that impact facility including but not limited to OSHA, ANSI, DOT, etc.
- Ensure all safety and environmental training is conducted and recorded as appropriate and update trainings with guidance from centralized safety function
- Manage observation programs for ergonomics and safety and provide timely feedback and coaching to associates engaging in unsafe behaviors.
- Use safety data to identify additional training needs and partner with learning teams to develop materials that fulfill knowledge gap.
- Conduct new hire safety and environmental training for associates and management. Ensure associates receive all required annual training and all safety records are maintained for compliance.
- Manage the Powered Industrial Truck training program and ensure all associates are properly trained and certified.
- Support the implementation of environmental programs, plans, procedures (including but not limited to SPCC, SWPPP, Hazardous Waste, Local/state programs)
- Work with facilities maintenance and transportation to ensure environmental compliance reporting and permitting is completed per local, state, and federal regulations.
- Manage and keep updated the facilities emergency response plan and conduct or ensure training is completed.
- Ensure environmental training is completed and documented (Haz-Waste, SPCC, Stormwater, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities -
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Extensive knowledge of a Warehouse setting.
- Self-starter with solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong coaching, training, and motivational skills: ability to lead
- Proven ability to excel in a team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and reprioritize based on emerging risk
- May require overnight travel, as necessary (often reacting to inclement weather issues)
- Ability to communicate and complete required record keeping functions
- Must be able to work needed schedule to perform assigned duties
- Ability to work in a –5 degree to 90+ degree Fahrenheit environment (temperature varies within each department) for long periods of time
- Work in a warehouse environment with varying conditions (i.e., cool temperatures, concrete floors, powered industrial trucks)
Education & Experience -
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of experience and or specialized certification in safety.
- CSP, ASSP, ASP, BCSP or equivalent preferred
- OSHA certifications preferred
- 3-5 years of previous leadership experience or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of safety specific experience in a manufacturing or distribution setting
We are an organization that values diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our organization is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities, including applicants. If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please email [email protected].
Job Requisition: 329972_external_USA-VA-Disputanta_7182023Apply Now